Monday, July 25, 2011

July 25, 2011 (Finland... soo beautiful!)

Dearest Family,

A POODLE?!?! ohhh noo... haha well... That is ok... I still have Rocky :D lol I do hope that you enjoy the new poodle whenever you pick it up! Sounds like a fun adventure for you all. fun fun fun. I hope that you are all just loving this summer! Wow, it is nice and toasty here. Finland is quite likely one of the most beautiful places in the world. I love it here. The heat is pretty intense though, I don't know if it is just because the winter here turned my whole body to hibernate mode or what, but when it gets up to 85-90 degrees I feel like I am just about to burn up and die. Life is wonderful here though, the past couple days have been nice and breezy I love it!

This week was great. We were in Joensuu for the entire week that made it nice. I do love our investigators, but sadly we are going to have to drop some this week because of lack of keeping commitments and for other various reasons. We shall see how all goes. It has been incredible being here in Joensuu to see how many people the Lord places in our path. We Have yet to go a week as far I as I can remember here without finding a new investigator, some weeks have been just insane how many new investigators. We are working with Wuru and Yinsi, but we don't feel like they are quite ready for their baptisms, so we are going to wait on those and see. They are very good, but I think not having a christian background has been a big obstacle for them. They have come soo far... They are great and we had a super powerful lesson with Wuru. The kind of lesson were everythign just clicks and you can see them get enlightened I LOVE IT! haha sorry It's like i'm reporting to my mission president not my family right now... I'll think of family stories.

We had a couple Elders over for splits again. We had a good day, did good work and it was funny, we had a service project lined up for the evening (the member needed help trimming down his fence/bush thing) So we all 4 get there, and no one was home. We thought about it, and decided we know what needs to be done so lets just do it. So we did. We scavenged around and founded the needed equiptment and got to work. I thought we did a very good job (My daddy taught me well) While we were doing the project though Elder Perry fell into a bush, I don't know what it was, either poison oak or stinging nettle, but it got his legs pretty good. Luckily we had a swede with us who knew how to handle these nordic kinds of problems. All is well! Also, he had a ton of red currant berry bushes, so we treated ourselves to some delicious berries as we worked! He called us and was grateful that we didn't even though he wasn't there so it all worked out!

We have been working with one investigator for quite some time, he couldn't be baptized because he doesn't have residency. He had to transfer out of Joensuu last week. It was a pretty sad day for us, but It was a neat experience to see what the gospel has and will continue to accomplish in his life. I will talk more about him someday with you because I can't go into too many details! :D I love him though.

Alright I think that is all of our not finnish investigators, lets talk about the finns! Tiia is great! Launi is well... a work in progress. Sam is one of my favorites (is it ok to have favorites?) The Turen family is just about the greatest people in the world! Timo makes me laugh. all right I got to stop haha I forgot the name thing lol and that is going to make for a boring blog with just a bunch of random statements haha what can you do?

Fromage, I would love to do that thing on the 16th for the YM and YW lol, It sounds fun! I LOVE FINNISH STUFF! We were at a dinner appointment last week and this lady made the most delicious blueberry pie/cake in the whole world! Whoa! I got the recipe from her... we will see if we can get all that stuff from america. How many YM/YW are going to be there? would it be worth bringing a euoropean chocolate surprise? I love chocolate! I don't think I can get Ice cream to go through the mail... so probably none of that. What things do you think would be good? Is it just going to be about Finland? or are there other missionaries? I guess we can worry about all that later...

I've very excited that you got a hold of president Brown. He is quite the character. I love that man, I'm thinking his talk is going to be pretty intense! I think you should write down the main stories he shares and see which ones I know :D hehe sneaky sneaky. I hope he talks a lot about Finland! He really accomplished a mighty change in the Missionaries here. I doubt he will go into details because he has such a kind heart, but he took this mission from where is was and really taught it how to Love God and be be obedient. In my last email with president Rawlings he shared something that stuck in my head and really was because of president Brown's hard work. He said "the Finland helsinki mission is probably the most obedient mission in the world" haha that is a pretty bold statement... but president brown accomplished miracles!

I have been reading in 2 Nephi and I like a couple verses in chapter 2. verse 25 we hear all the time but I like 24 a TON!

24But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who aknoweth all things.

25aAdam bfell that men might be; and men care, that they might have djoy.

God created a perfect,precise plan for us. We are where we are for a reason. Circumstances, families, Etc. If we trust him and really learn to love the journey it will all work out for our good!

28And we know that all things work together for agood to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I Love Finland and my Family!

Love,

Vanhin Thomas Neal Nielsen

P.S. LOVE LIFE (haha 3 weeks in a row!)

No comments: