Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 5, 2010

Dear Family,

Wow, how about that general conference! That pretty much answered every question there is about being a parent and how to be a good one. I love our leaders of the church, they teach with such love and such power! I really enjoyed it how almost all of them were focused on families and how families can be strengthened no matter what kind of situation they are in at the moment. Wow.

Something that President talked about in conference just the other day (last thursday) was how his mom Used to always whisper to the babies (his little brothers and sisters) whenever they were in sacrament. President Brown said "I thought my mom was a few bricks shy of a load, until I realized what she was saying to the baby" His mom would simply testify to the little baby about the things the speaker was talking about. Things like tithing or the sacrament so on and so forth. President said "do you think that baby understood what my mother was saying? absolutely not. But you can bet that that tender little spirit who just left our heavenly father's presence felt every ounce of the holy ghost testifying of a loving mother on earth's testifmony of the gospel" you can never start to young. I then thought of kimberlie and nate and little boston. Little boston cannot really speak yet. But I know with all my heart that that tender little boy who just came from our father in heaven's presence can feel the power and become rooted in the gospel because of a loving mother and a loving father's testimony. David A. Bednar really hit the nail on the head, I mean wow. He shared some things in preisthood session I hope I will be able to apply when I have the oppurtunity to become a father :) Good stuff! I loved Conference soo much I can't even begin to decribe!

Saturday evening in priesthood session, President Uchtdorf gave such an incredible talk on patience, He really helped me understand and open my eyes to a lot of ways I can improve and become a lot more patient. First things First... mom you will probably know the answer to this question. What kind of Child was I? was I the kind of child that would wait 15 minutes to double my marshmellow receiving? or would I snarf it in 3 seconds flat? Patience is soo important! wow I challenge all of you to read that talk when it comes out. President monson at the end said that that preisthood session was one of the greatest he had ever attended. There was a powerful powerful spirit there. love it!

I didn't get to watch sunday afternoon, but I will read it when the ensign comes out. sounds like it was good!

I really enjoyed all the talks, unfortunately I don't have time to go through all of them... but those were a few of my favorites.

Mom, it sounds like that luncheon was a good one! haha I laughed a lot when I pictured you looking through Elder Campbells wallet looking to find out whose it was... and then his mom walking up... haha that would be kinda funny to explain! lol good thing you are so funny mom :) lol that is something I would like to watch... just kinda be a spectactor and laugh alot! good times! I'm glad you liked elder quinns mom, Elder Quinn is the man. I really really look up to him.

Sarah! Happy Birthday on sunday! lol i'm going to try and get a package off to you but it will be late :( sorry. E J wrote you a letter and I will send that in the package. Wow... Sarah I can't believe you are turning 10 years old already.you are soo old ;) hehe

As for praying for our investigators, it would be great if you could pray for S S to have an understanding of tithing. He won't be baptized because he doesn't think tithing is necessary. He does believe in the book of mormon and reads it pretty regularly. This gospel could help him soo much.
Another one of our investigators M T is so close. She knows what she needs to do, she has a testimony and comes to church every sunday. She is one the verge of going to baptism but is a little tentative about it. Pray for her to have courage. That would help her so much. I'll ponder a few more of our investigators and ways you could help! This was a good idea, thank you for offering!

Well, Conference was amazing, the gospel is true, repentance is real, and The savior died for us that we might attain that repentance and ultimately become perfect and be permitted to live with our eternal Father in heaven in eternal joy and bliss with our families! It is so true! I love it :)


Love,
Vanhin Thomas Neal Nielsen

No comments: