Wednesday, April 7, 2010

March 29, 2010

Dearest Family,
Haha sounds like a pretty same old same old week for you guys. That's pretty much what it was here. I love it though. I cannot even begin to describe all the little things I have learned here and there. I love missionary work. The ward here is so incredible. haha I can't tell you how much members help the work go forward. It is incredible. yesterday we got a referral from tampere and I guess a member in their ward pretty much just goes contacting by himself. haha That is intense :) lol I love it!
Holy cow fromage I don't know if I told you how much that Midget Jehovah's witness story made me laugh, that was a good one (in last weeks email, sorry I'm kinda slow) Good to hear that Jeff and Dusty are doing good! Those are a couple of incredible men! Dusty... I'm always telling my companions some of the funny stories we had plumbing :)
DAD! holy cow you start your new job in just a few hours! Good luck! I'll bet you are going to love working for nucor. a Nice Coushy (Don't know how to spell that work... cushy?) job where you sit in a Chair and Crunch numbers :) I'm excited for you and I know you will own it :) haha I would be very interested to hear what you do for you your job? what does your job entail? what kinda of tasks are you in charge of? what are your work hours? all that kinda cool stuff to know!
Dad, Guess what else, We were contacting the other day and I ran into a german and I counted to 10 in german to her after we got her number and stuff haha pretty cool and it made me think of my little dad in Germany.... haha I love picturing You, Ryan, And Kyle doing missionary work, Doing the same sort of things I do everyday. haha I would have loved to be companions with one of you :) haha Also We were tracting and ran into a girl that is from france, She lived in a little city... like 20 kilometers north of paris... I don't remember the city but I told her that you were a missionary in France and stuff. She thought that was cool.. but unfortunatelly wasn't interested in the gospel... I haven't ran into any koreans... Although we were going to a dinner appointment one day (like 2 months ago) and I heard two people speaking some sort of asian language and I said "ka gi ma lan go" (or however it is spelled, I said don't go is the translation I know of, it is off one of the korean cds ryan has) barely loud enough for them to hear... Then they looked at me.... They might have been korean lol that is about all the encounters I have had with people from your countries :) (way random side note..)
Sounds like your talk was incredible fromage! Thank you for your little incites :)
Ok, i'll give you a quick run down of all the missionaries I personally know from that list you gave me. I know them all but only really have been on splits and stuff with a few of them. Elder Young is the man. he is one of my Zone leaders right now. We have been on splits a couple times and he is a funny funny man, but still probably one of the most incredible teachers I know... he really has helped me understand how to teach people with your personality... somethings I am still working on :)
Elder Horne... I love him! (MTC Companion) he is actually in Pori right now (my greenie city) he is a good kid! I hope his mom goes to that luncheon because I really really love Elder Horne... My hero haha He is from Arizona...
Elder Henderson is a hard worker! I don't really know him that well unfortunately, I think I would like to serve with him :)
Elder Quinn... I can't tell you how much of my hero he is... Him Elder Horne and Elder Young are my heros in life!
Elder Gorringe's grandparents know grandma and Grandpa Williams! Pretty cool! He is a good kid.
Sorry i'm out of time to talk about all the other missionaries... but there is a little bit about them.
Something that I have learned this last week was how incredible God's love is and how when we rely on him we are able to endure our trials because his love can completely encircle us and lift us up. Christ is one manifestation of that love because with Christ we are able to in the end be as happy as we can be... I can't even imagine what 100% would be like...But I have had quite a few little tastes of it :D
Thank you all for your examples and the Love I feel. I love you all so much and hope next week is a good one for you :)
Love
Vanhin Thomas Neal Nielsen
P.S Puhumme Suomea means we speak finnish
P.P.S Sarah, E J gave me a letter to send to you! I'll send it as soon as I can :) ( I think it should get to you before your birthday even!)
I CAN'T WAIT FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE :) :) :) :) :)
I think I get to watch all but sunday afternoon session

No comments: