Sunday, February 20, 2011

February 14, 2011 (Hyvää ystäväpäivää kaikille!)

Dearest Family,

I love life. The work is going forward, and miracles are happening all over this wonderful land. This past friday we held Zone leader concil, it was my first one, and it really surprises me every time to see how very inspired President Brown is. Then I had an interview with him and got to talk just one on one.... :D Something that he shared was something that it sounds like the brotheren shared in the world wide leadership conference (unfortunatelly we weren't able to watch it) He talked about the division of leadership and how really in every single level everyone has a very big, and important role. We are not to just sit and watch our mission president, but we are to take his council, learn, and prayerfully share that with our districts. We need to be in a way, he said, mission presidents of our own Zones.... It sounds like that is something that is applicable throughout the entire church. liked the thought of what is the next ordinance... Inspired men lead Heavenly Fathers kingdom here on earth.

My thoughts (the majority of them) are focused on the last chapters of Moroni as I am about to finish the Book of Mormon challenge President Brown gave a few months ago. (hopefully today or tomorrow it will be done) The importance of Love is one of the most transendental attributes of Christ because in a broad sort of way it encompasses all other. Yesterday at a dinner appointment I really enjoyed the discussion. (we were at the Hakanpää family) The father talked about unconditional love and shared how love requires 2 parts in way, knowledge (or understanding) and a feeling. Jesus Christ was able to look at the rikoksentekejä (commiter of crime) and love them because he has a perfect understanding of them, the situtation, and mercy. He is able to love every single person at a very personal level... something we as people cannot understand because we struggle to love even conditionally :) lol

I find Love is a good subject to talk about seeing as how it is valentines day :) lol the scripture in Moroni 7 is well known as well as well recited (eli käytetään useasti)

47But acharity is the pure blove of Christ, and it endureth cforever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.

48Wherefore, my beloved brethren, apray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true bfollowers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall cbe like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be dpurifiedeven as he is pure. Amen.

Love also helps us help others and helps us forget ourselves so that we can help others come closer to Christ Mormon writes to his son in moroni 8 and says"I fear not what man can do; for bperfect clove dcasteth out all fear." So bold... I love it! haha

It is wonderful to hear that the family is doing well, I love all the updates and pray that everything continues to flow well. There is a certain indescribable peace that comes from understanding that God is incharge. Something that I hope will never grown dim inside of me. My testimony of Jesus Christ burns so bright within me... I don't know how anyone could leave the mission field... So I don't intend to ;) hehe just kidding to everything there is a time... or something like that in proverbs... Luckily I am at the point of time where He wants me to be as close to Him as possible to serve others full time under His name. Zone conference is tomorrow... Ahh!

Hmm...Not much else for my weekly soap box espistle haha. I am sending a few different packages hopefully today. I don't know kyle's address or julia's... so I will be sending those to our home address... Julia's will be pretty easy to distinguish (erota.. in finnish)

I hope you all have a wonderful valentines day! I hope everyone else does too (directed at anyones else who reads my blog that I love :) haha so I guess really anyone who does.. hehe)

ok.. so funny stories.. We were on splits last week in Mikkeli with the district leader there and he is swedish, Elder Karlsson (he made delicious swedish coconut balls... I got the recipe) and I was him... and he whitewashed me... 3 times. I thought that was very swedish of him. lol it was a good time together though, I enjoyed it and learned a lot. lol I guess someday I have to tell the whole story of the whitewashes... but it was nice to feel the good young brother feeling again (I can't remember the last time I was whitewashed haha)

Thanks family. "I only want to serve Him in whatever way He requires". is a truth that is music to my ears... I know He lives and loves us too!

Tons of rakkaus! Hyvää ystäväpäivää!!

Vanhin Thomas Neal Nielsen

No comments: