Friday, March 18, 2011

March 16, 2011 (Wow... How can you thank Him enough?)

Dearest Family,

Heavenly Father really does take care of us as long a we put our trust in Him and remember, like Jesus said to "ask and it shall be given you". I can't even beging to share how happy I am about the things I am hearing from you. It really is a blessing to know in whom we trust. Although we face all sorts of trials, difficulties, and even temptations as long as we remember to who is in charge and remember to council with him (in all our doing) We will still have the peace of God which passeth all understanding through the atonement of Christ.

We know from the Scripture mastery in the New testament that we won't be tempted above that which we can handle:

1 Cor. 10:12-13
12Wherefore let him that thinketh he astandeth take heed lest he bfall.

13There hath no temptation ataken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be btempted above that ye are able; but will with the ctemptation also make a way to descape, that ye may be able to ebear it.

We rarely read the verse the is before that scripture (verse 12) Which is a pretty powerful warning! And the cross reference is Philip. 4:1-7 But I don't want to bore you so I'll let you read it and make the connections with prayer and facing adversity :)

Philip. 4:1,6-7
1Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so astand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

6aBe bcareful for nothing; but in every thing by cprayer and supplication with dthanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7And the apeace of God, which passeth all bunderstanding, shall ckeep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Oh yeah and another good promise is in D&C 84:88...

Anyways... Stories from this week. I was at a leadership training meeting for pretty much the entire day from tuesday to wednesday. That was incredible... I'm telling you you need to really listen to preident brown talk... wow! So all is well... We did have some really good teaches in the evenings with some super great investigators. Veli-matti Koivula is doing well, and looking forward to his baptism on april 1st. He is a good man with a good heart, and has shared how much the examples he has seen have really left a good impression in (in or on?) him.

I met Elder Jarvis (he was in Jyväskylä when I was there... he is originally from ohio) we are convinced that we are going to serve together in Jyväskylä... I'm pretty excited for that. Elder sharp and I are gettting along great... Speaking finnish 24/7 and it is sweet! I Don't know what kinds of stories you want... Would you rather the ones where Elder sharp gets punched in the face as we are tracting? or more like the ones where we can't get out of a Dinner appointment to make it to a teach because the family won't let us... (haha one of those are true... I'll let you decide :D) Hmmm.... This week we set a goal for baptism with tev... but it isn't official yet. He is a great man... He is kind of like a grandpa figure in my life. Lol He really likes the ward! We dropped a couple investigators. Found a really good one... Everything is just going great... haha

Hmm... Well... Thanks for all you do for me family :D lol put up with my emails.. always waiting for the 1 out of 20 that is good.... No but really I want to thank you for all you have done to help me be able to serve the Lord with all my heart. This work has changed me and I know that I owe it to a wonderful family. Who brought a little hyperactive child to church and let him feel the spirit even if he wasn't paying the best attention. Lol Good brothers who always took an elbow in the side from me (lol kyle do you remember when we would do that in sacrament meeting.. I would try to elbow you as hard as I could in sacrament meeting without mom noticing?) Isn't it great that we learn and grow. So I hope you have another wonderful week... maybe a little more relaxing... haha but tons of crazy events are good too! Hope and pray all goes well in japan as they work through their little trial.

Love ya!

Vanhin Thomas Neal Nielsen

P.S. Thanks for the wonderful package! the cootie catcher and the puzzle and picture were lovely!!!!

No comments: