Friday, July 23, 2010

July 19, 2010

Dearest Family,

Wow, So this week was really good! again :) We had a few things happen this week. We had splits with our Zone leaders and we had Zone conference get cancelled :( The Splits went really well and we were able to see a lot of incredible little miracles! I was with Elder Falk who was adopted from russia when he was 12years old. I Talked about how natalie always used to say lightning when a storm would come. We could not for the life of us remember how to say that in russian... Natalie do you remember? Mom? anyways that would be nice to know. Elder Falk really is an incredible missionary, we had a teach and I was just in awe at how incredible it went... He is on my new top 5 missionary hero list!

Zone conference was cancelled, I wanted to cry because I love zone conference. Pretty much I just love any time that I am able to learn from President Brown! It is great... He is the man. I guess they cancelled it because there is going to be a new program for instructing missionaries. I am pretty stoked about that. I'll give you guys the rundown once I find out :) haha

So anyways, This week went really well. Meg is doing so great! She took a part of the lesson in our investigator class yesterday and did really well and testified so powerfully about increasing faith and learning about Christ. She is so great, I really wish you guys could come live my life for a day and meet all the wonderful people in Jyväskylä. We had a teach with Jan yesterday as well, She is still doing great. Wow. We have had a few other great teaches... some not so great ones. Lol, this is kind of cool thing. Fred is one of our investigators (there are a lot of people that aren't finnish here in Jyväskylä) He is learning and progressing so well. His girlfriend who is a finn decided to start joining us for the lessons so we started from the very begining and they are learning together... It is great!

Sounds like a party getting all ready for the wedding! I'm not going to lie, I'm not envious of all the work you guys have to do for that! But it will be worth it for Kyle and Jessica! Awww... So They are getting married august 3rd but I still haven't heard in which temple they are getting married! I would be delighted to hear that.

So this upcoming week is going to be great, unfortunately we are going to be gone from Jyväskylä for a couple days for some meetings, but it should be a good learning experience. This saturday is Change call so I will know if I will be staying in the wonderful town of Jyväskylä for 6 more weeks making it a total of 6 transfers here... or leaving. I really am ok with whatever happens, because I know who is in charge and who knows more than I do. :) We had a dinner appointment yesterday and we shared a couple scriptures, one of which was D&C 101:16 I wish you could understand the finnish version because when they say "Be still and Know that I am God" in finnish it says "Olkaa levollisia, Ja tietäkää, että minä olen Jumala" Wow... it just feels so much stronger in finnish haha because of the old finnish plural command! it is so great! but that scripture really hit me. He is in charge of everything, we are here to be diligent and faithful to Him. Remember that!

I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week! Life is such a wonderful thing... I love it!

Rakkaudella,

Vanhin Thomas Neal Nielsen

No comments: