Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April 26, 2011 (Man... what joy :)

Dearest Family,

Wow, what a wonderful week here in the Finland. Easter is a wonerful time of year and guess what! The Finns celebrate Christ's visit to the americas!! haha yesterday was a random holiday that follows easter (I can't remember what the official name of the holiday is... sacred monday or something) but as we know Christ went to visit his other sheep and so I think that is pretty cool :) They all believe in the Book of Mormon and don't even know it.. yet :D So, This last weekend has been a really good weekend, in about 30 different ways. We have 3 new really good investigators, the sun has been shining beautifully, on sunday Teuvo (who set a baptism this last week) LOVED the sunday school lesson on the savior and His atonement, and I have a wonderful little family who supports me and loves me. Thanks for the wonderful emails, they were inspiring... Ryan shared some wonderful thoughts! (and of course mom and dad did too! they always do :) )

Thanks for all the information you gave, now I know and I can ask more specific questions in my prayers so I can get more specific answers! Really missionary work has been one of the greatest things that I have ever been a part of! My eyes have been opened so wide to the beauty of the gospel. We had a wonderful family home evening message with the Hentunen family (Saul hentunen was my mini-missionary in Jyväskylä with Elder Fuchs haha pretty cool arranging in heaven :) haha ) I would like to share the thoughts I had before that appointment and the thoughts that lead up to that appointment. Our message was that we need to always take time to see the beauty that is all around us. God is so loving and sometimes I think we get caught up in the little things (the devil enjoys that) and we miss the beauty that is so abundant around us. Christ shared that as we do righteous actions we receive our reward, namely peace in this life and eternal life in the world to come. That peace which does not come as the world giveth is probably one of the most beautiful things the gospel has to offer in this life! I've noticed that the times I don't feel as much peace are the time that I focus on the less important things. Children have a wonderful affinity to simply enjoy what is around them. They love the little toy they have (unless their parents have spoiled them and taken away that beautiful affinity to be satisfied) and they can play and play and play with that toy for hours on end. We need to have the same joy that experienced pilot has that loves EVERY single time he takes off! (Elder uchtdorf from priesthood session) As we take time to remember what a bless this gospel is the glass through which we look through becomes clear and the picture sharpens. We can see life through heavens eyes. So I don't know if that all made sense, and I am not sure if you got all the scripture references (D&C 59, John 14, and the words of paul) But we need to remember that the joy we can feel through Christ can exceed all the troubles of the world if we but let it! that takes time :)

Alright, now I need to crunch through my "laundry list" of things I wanted to share in this email. First things first. Thanks to aunt kristie and tayzia.. I got a call from the office and I have a package waiting from auntie K and Cousiny T :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEKEND NATALIE!!!!! Wow... 21 years old! haha hopefully my letter makes it to you before your birthday! Because I wrote a hightlight of all the memories I have with you throughout our time as brother and sister :D haha and of course Rocky is in it! (If I remember right :)) happy Birthday!

Ema, Sam, and Tess are our new investigators and they are absolutely wonderful! I don't have time today but hopefully next week I can share Sam's Story... He is a wonderful man, he has a very humble heart, and has lived through so very tough times... I LOVE HIM! Teuvo Set a baptismal date... 21.5.11.. I love teuvo. Have I shared much about him? I'm pretty sure I have... He has been an investigator for about a year. Read the Book of Mormon, loves it. Elder Sharp and I taught him ALL the commandments and he is ready... Just waiting for reassurance which has come... we just need to help him see it :) Such a pure hearted man! haha SO GOOD!

We chopped wood for 4 hours strait (No injuries) for a less active man, Brother Blair, good man... We had an awesome discussion after about the savior's atonement and how it is never to late to apply it :)

that is all! Thanks again mom and dad and ryan for the things you shared! I love you all and I hope you have a great week and can feel the Joy and beauty all around

ELder nielsen

No comments: