Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 4, 2011 (well... I can't say much happend this week... NOT!!)

Dearest family,

Holy cow! Crazy week haha and my head is still spining. Well... I guess I will just go through the whole list of things that happened. VELI MATT WAS BAPTIZED!!! yay! when we first told our ward mission leader that he is going to be baptized on the 1st of april he asked us if we are sure it isn't an april fools joke (in a joking manner of course) and it sure wasn't. It was a very good meeting. As soon as I get my Old SD card from you mom I'll send all my pictures and baptismal programs from the last 3 baptisms. Miracles are happening family. Baptisms are just sky rocketing in finland. I don't remember if I shared with you or not but Elder sharp and I felt strongly that we needed to commit our Zone to invite our Zone to invite all our investigators to baptism (we even gave a 2 week dead line) because Elder Causse who came about a year ago said we should be doing it in every teach anyways. Anyways long story short we did that and have followed up and our dates went from 9 clear up to 15 in our zone. It was a very wonderful thing to see how faithful the missionaries are and how much heavenly father has blessed our investigators who really are searching. It was incredible. ANYWAYS... I'm talking about Veli matt's baptism. It went well. Here is a funny story we were filling up the font and (well... I don't know if this was kosher to leave the chapel while it was filling... haha) but we realized neither of us have camera's... and neither of us wanted to face the punishment of our mothers as we tried to explain that we didn't have any pictures from the baptism. ( the baptismee said he would hop right back out of the water if it was cold) So we left the water on warm and went home as fast as we could to get our cameras (still a little guilty about leaving the church with running water... we have repented though) and get back... all and all the round trip took something like 35 minutes. We get back and the water was SUPER warm... like it stung to put our hands in, by that time the font was all but full and ready for baptism. We turned it to all the way cold and hoped it would be bareable... haha it was. but I thought it was a funny experience... luckily the water had an hour to cool down a bit. The talks were really good and I think our other investigator who was there really benified from them... good good good all around.

Fun to hear from you family. Wasn't general conference just incredible?! I personally love president uchtdorfs talk from priesthood session with talked about how we often time live under our privelages, in the priesthood as well as children of divine heritage. He gave a good example of this. He told of a man who scrimped and saved to save up enough money to go on a cruise to visit the cities he had always dreamed of going. He bought a ticket and packed canned beans, crackers, and powederd lemonade so he would not have to spend extra money. On the cruise he saw the delicious foods, the mini golf, and many other fun things that people did on the ship and longed badly for these but told himself he could afford them and went to his cabin and ate crackers and beans. He visited the cities he longed for, but it wasn't until the end of the cruise he found out that ALL that he had envied and desired was included in the ticket price. Pretty sad story... but sometimes we do the same sort of things. We do all we can to live the laws of God and we work and do our best, but then when we are being obedient we doubt that we can really have all the blessings the spirit has to offer. President uchtdorf talked about that and the priesthood (I applied to obedience in general... It was really good! I felt like all of general conference was to help us understand that we need personal revelation daily, and we need to act when we receive personal revelation... really really powerful... yet so very simple :) So simple even I can do it... and every sinlge on of God's children.

I really enjoy dad's emails, it makes me laugh how much the garden gets mentioned. I feel like last years produce just got finished off last week and now we are starting a new season :) I'm looking forward to hearing about it´s growth... I'm going to start comparing the garden to dad's garden... so keep me updated :) lol.
Well... one quick funny story. with a good moral. We contacted a lady on the street and it was super icy. She said very rudely "No" to us. I didn't think anything of it, until I turned around just to see her slip on the ice a few meters behind us. I ran back to help her up. I think she was very suprised to see the person she was just rude to help her up out of a situation like that. I think it touched her. She said "anteeks kun mä vastasin niin rapeasti" sorry I responded so crisply...

43And behold it is written also, that thou shalt love thy neighbor and hate thine enemy;

44But behold I say unto you, love your aenemies, bless them that curse you, do bgood to them that hate you, and cpray for them who despitefully use you and persecute you;

45That ye may be the children of your Father who is in heaven; for he maketh his sun to rise aon the evil and on the good.

Love everyone...
Love,
Elder nielsen

No comments: