Monday, May 31, 2010

May 17, 2010

Dearest Family,
Good to hear that you guys are doing great. Jyväskylä is the bomb! This week has had a few ups and downs (maybe after my mission I will share it all) But right now I feel like I am on top of the world! Missions are incredible!
So I told you I was going to talk more about Jyväskylä and the work that is going on here, so I had better do that first before I forget anything :) This week was a pretty great week here! We taught Meg and she is doing great. We went to set a specific date for her baptism, but she just said a month :( but she still has that goal to be baptized in August I hope that as Elder P and I start to prepare her for baptism that she will feel the excitment and the spirit and just be oh so ready that she will move that date up to june! :) only time will tell! she is doing great and she has come a long ways. Even the members have seen a difference in meg, it is wonderful. This gospel is such a powerful thing and it just strengthens everyone, I love it!
Then we had another incredible member teach with Jan who is here from cameroon working on her PHD, Wow, she is smart and she knows the bible. She is one of the most incredible people ever. The member we brought along actually knew her from before we brought Jan to church a couple weeks ago. Little miracles, they were in the same finnish class at the college! Pretty great! Jan loved when we told her how the Holy Ghost testifies of the truth. It was like a couple dots connected in her head. Man teaching is so incredible :)
Then we just had a teach (this morning, hence the later than average email) with Brother Belgi (the man that Brother Rockhill Baptized) and wow that was powerful, we talked about families and what an incredible blessing they are to us in this life, then we talked about how relationships in general everyday life. He is a great man, I can see why Brother Rockhill enjoyed him so much.
All in all it was a great week, We had 8 teaches total (I hope Dad, Ryan, Or Kyle don't laugh) I felt like we did really well :) We are almost up to the standard of Excellence which is 10 teaches total per week per mission companionship. I really would be interested to hear some of the statistics from Dad, Ryan, and Kyle's missions, That would be fun little info :)
I had my interview with President Brown, and man was that a treat, That man.... I'm telling you he is inspired of God and he knows his stuff :) I really hope you get to meet him someday, HE IS THE GREATEST MISSION PRESIDENT IN THE WORLD!!!!
Family, I love you all so much I can't even begin to tell you all that I have learned in my 8 months here finland is an amazing place, ask mitzi :)
tons of Love,
Vanhin Thomas Neal Nielsen

No comments: