Monday, May 31, 2010

May 8, 2010

Dear Family,
Hey, so I briefly explained change call and that we got a change call. Elder Slade is going to a town by the name of Savonlinna, he is going to have 2 companions, pretty intense haha. So I am staying in the great city of Jyväskylä. This place is great. My companions name is Elder Pearson, He is great, he is just all sorts of excited to do missionary work, It is pretty fun to see. I was in Helsinki yesterday picking him up. I'm kinda scared because I am training him, so any prayers my way would be greatly appreciated haha. He is a great Elder, Super fresh from the MTC it is fun to see the energy and the desire to do the work.
So first of all, the calling situation. Elder Pearson is going to ask his family if they can call at like 8:30 A.M. Utah time, and that means that 7:30 Utah time would work great for me :) So call me then! That is (just to make sure) 4:30 My time, and It should be great. I will probably come down to the Church computer sunday after church just to make sure all is well with the calling situation, because Elder Pearson hasn't had a chance to double check with his family that 8:30 works for them. So that is all for the calling situation,
Second of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!! hope you got my little birthday package that I sent to you ( I feel bad, I sent natalies a few weeks ago, I just got it back because I guess I didn't put enough stamps on it... uhh ohh, So I will be re-sending that to you natalie, sorry for the late birthday present, hope it gets to you soonish :) ) So what sort of things are you guys doing to celebrate dad's birthday? Are you going golfing? Does Kyle still golf? Any other fun things would be great to hear :) I guess I will be talking to you like 3 days from now on the phone so this Email is kinda an obsolete (Spelling) haha. I will try and get that picture sent off to you dad as soon as I can. anyways happy birthday dad :)
So this last week with Elder Slade went great. So this again is going to be a pretty short email with not much to say other than I love you all, and I can't wait to talk to you until sunday. It is going to be great! Thank you all for all you do and the great example you guys are to me, I love my family :) I love this Gospel. Today (Elder Pearson and I's first day of work together) We had a presentation at a high school and we talked about the gospel and the restoration. What an incredible oppurtunities, In the Question and Answer part we talked about families and it was really neat. I don't know what it is, but there is so much power in the love that a family has (does that make sense?) anyways, I guess I will talk to you all on Sunday!
Love you,
Vanhin Thomas Nielsen

No comments: